Sunday, April 1, 2007

No endless egg salad this year!

This year I thought we would take a new approach to the whole egg dying thing. In the past we have boiled a gazillion eggs and dyed them. Which was always fun, but it was always hard for the kids to give up their eggs to make egg salad. They would rather tote them around in their baskets for the next few weeks. ( which I don't really recommend....the eggs will get really smelly, and you will find some months later at the bottom of the toy box...)


So, this year we painted wooden eggs.

Hannah is in her element.

Benton is still going through his, "I'm too cool to smile" phase. Or maybe he is trying to say, "I am too cool for this, but I am willing to humor my mom"

And William was just happy to be trusted with a paint brush and a hard wooden object.

The finished product

Ummm, ya, it's a little messy........

5 comments:

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

You are so creative it's crazy. I cannot believe how grown up Will is looking! On behalf of the PCS office thank you for the dayly updates that always make us smile! Happy Easter!

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

Ok I so I can't spell daily! Ha ha! LOL

sara b said...

Happy Easter to all of you guys in NC! It is always great to hear from you!

Brooke said...

good idea! (although i'd have to do it in addition to the real ones... love me some egg salad!) but since you're so full of good eastery ideas, can you please help us figure out a substitution for the easter grass? aaron hates it. i've taken to just putting the easter baskets up till the big day.

sara b said...

I actually do have an alternative to easter grass. I read that you can run green construction paper through the paper shredder and then just crumple it up. I have never tried it myself, but it sure did look cute in the magazine. But now that I think about it, how would you crumple up the paper after it was shredded. Hmmmmm, let me see if I can find the magazine :)