Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Field Trip

I just love going on school field trips. Is that weird? I swear I get as excited as Hannah about going.



I find myself trying to figure out how the next 12 years are going to play out for these kids. I think I have it all figured out about who the popular kids are going to be, who will be the jocks, who will be the "nerds", etc.




It is just refreshing to be around these kids because no matter what their differences are, they are all friends. It is so sweet, and so silly how that all changes in High School. I don't know, maybe it was just the High School I went to, or maybe I am confusing it with the movie Can't Buy Me Love. Now that was a great movie!

5 comments:

Christy said...

You are such a great mom. Wooden eggs, field trips...you are so much fun! Hannah and her friends look like they might be the "popular" ones...watch out! I think it is sad how things change in high school. I think that is normal in every school. I look at the friends Eliza has now and I wonder if she will still be friends with them later. After the high school drama, you turn normal again...right?

sara b said...

I think some people snap out of the high school mentality, and some people live in it the rest of their lives. High school reunion's are a perfect example. "Party at my parents house!" haha

Annee said...

Henry's class field trip next week is to the bowling alley. I'm having a hard time getting all excited about that one! And do I go with three other kids in toe? It's always a circus when the Earnests show up for any school function. Maybe when the school function is taking place in a bowling alley is actually the perfect time for us show up!

sara b said...

You are brave Annee. I only tried once when Hannah was in kindergarten to bring all the kids along. Let's just say I don't do that anymore!

Brooke said...

ooooh... i'm SO the same way. i totally have the girls all pinned: the pretty ones that everyone else is going to be jealous of, and the flirty ones that mom and dad will have to watch out for. but that's as far as i've gotten. i think b/c i get stuck on all the pretty ones! the big lips, the perfect skin...

once again, no fair!!!