Monday, January 19, 2009

New Missionary Tactic

The other day Benny came home and said, "Mommy, you would be so proud of me. I was a missionary at school today! I told a boy that Heavenly Father is real!" I then replied, "Benny, that's great! How did you tell him?" This is where I made the mistake. I should have just left it alone and never asked any details of the story. Then I could have told this wonderful story of Benny spreading the gospel at school.


Here is the real story according to Benny:

I was playing basketball with Jayden and I kept knocking the ball out of his hands so that I could throw the ball. Jayden got really mad at me and said that if I do that again he will never play with me EVER! So I told him that Heavenly Father is real and that He is really mad at Jayden for saying that to me.
Do you think the missionaries should start using this angle?

5 comments:

Rich said...

hahaha! This is great! Good missionary work Benny!

Hermana Cheryl y Presidente Evrett Benton said...

We call that approach the ¨passive agressive approach¨. It´s the approach that some missionaries use when all else fails. We don´t encourage it in our Mission.(Ha Ha Ha!)

We continue to believe that Benny,
our "Futuro Misionero", with the sweet, angelic face and spirit will make a fantastic missionary!

Besides, we love him with all our hearts!

Hermana Grandma y Presidente Grandpa Benton

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

Well, whatever works. I am sure Jayden wont forget what Benny told him?:)

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

Ya, Jayden. You'll know better next time!

Sandy said...

What a handsome boy!