Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Power is out AGAIN???

With all of these rainstorms here in Cali, our power has gone out a few times now.


It is always fun at first to eat Carls Jr by candle light. (Doesn't Ray look so pious by candlelight?)

Then Ray builds a fire in our wood stove that we always intended on getting rid of. (don't let the flash fool you, it's only the fire giving us light) We all just sat around the fire while Hannah and Ray played songs on the piano. It's amazing to me how convenient and complicated power makes our lives at the same time.


Then we decided it would be fun to all sleep in the same room. After Ray dragged our mattresses and blankets out to the family room, the power came on 5 minutes later.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

who cares?! that is so fun.

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

how cute! sometimes I love it when the power goes off, no computer, no TV, no distraction. I wish though my cell phone would go off along with power...

Hannah plays the piano?! That's great. I guess she is not the little Hannah we knew in Provo. She is all grown up now. -Carine

Christy said...

Come down to So Cal. We have power and today was probably 75 degress. LOVE IT!

p.s. You are allowed to read my "journal" stories! I only prefaced it that way so people don't feel obligated to read my long posts. You're funny. Seriously though, when are you coming down here?

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

Os Sarah. I kknow how it feels with the zero pounds lost. I was being so healthy and dancing everyday but kept loosing nothing. I just started Jenny Craig and for me it is working really well. Stick with it, so worth it. Love you Aimee

Annee said...

oh, that looks so fun and cozy.

Rich said...

yay!! jump up and down on Mommy and Daddy time!