Monday, January 21, 2008

The Basketball Game

Last Saturday Ray had to ref a young men's basketball game. I was so sick, so Ray kindly offered to take ALL THREE kids with him. It probably goes without saying that it was kind of a disaster.

Will was CRAZY. He ran all over the place. Ray ended up having to hold him while running up and down the court for about 3/4 of the game. At one point Will ran across the court causing a boy to slide out of the way trying to avoid knocking him over. Another time in the game the whistle is blown and all of the players stop. Ray looks at the other ref and says, "What's the call?" The other ref says, "I didn't blow the whistle, you did" Just then they see Will stuffing a whistle back in the bag and running off. That sneaky little Will. I am sure he is going to be banned from the court before he ever steps foot on it as a player.

(this picture of Will has nothing to do with this blog subject really, it is just such a funny picture to me so I posted it. He is in a lion costume for an 18 month old!)

7 comments:

Ray said...

Sara didn't mention that she had to take care of me for THREE days the week before - I was so pathetic....

Will's face on the whistle blow was so funny... you know how sometimes you don't realize that you are the cause of the disturbance? Will was looking around just like everyone else until he saw that everyone was looking at him! It was so funny...

By the way - I know Sara's gonna bust me for saying this, but I have to - Sara came in to work today with the kiddies - she looks GREAT! I know all the guys were thinking, "How did Ray get her?!" Actually, I was kinda thinking the same thing.....

terica said...

awe, what a nice little hubby...I think you are both so great you deserve eachother! Hope you are feeling better!

Rich said...

hahaha!!! awesome story! I'm the Stake Physical Activities Director right now and have been for about a year and a half. Many Saturdays have been spent at the stake center refereeing and overseeing the games. I've taken the girls before, and they seem to do fairly well - except Regan also has a tendency to want to run on the floor, etc.

Aydan is so helpful though and it has actually sparked a huge interest in basketball for her. She is always wanting to play 1 on 1 in the driveway and wants to play in a league this fall!

Hey Ray - I totally know what you mean, isn't it nice to have a "too hot for you" wife?? That's awesome, and thanks for reminding me about my good fortune as well!

Christy said...

It sounds like we should NOT get Will and Avery together. That would be trouble. I like to hear that Ray is laughing about it. I feel stressed just reading it! Sara, you always look great. And I can fondly remember how Ray got Sara. He was very persistent and SO NICE! It was meant to be.

Brooke said...

sara always looks great. but so do you ray-- you guys are the perfect match.

and we love that teeny lion costume. it's been stretched over my kids growing frames, too.

(thanks for it, so long ago.)

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I have got to meet this Will.

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

that little Will - i am sure he loved it! Way to go Ray, being a super-dad.