Friday, January 11, 2008

25 LB Challenge

Yay, don't you love it when you get pictures back where you thought you looked so cute only to see an insane postpartum stomach? Well, Avril is 6 months old and it is time for me to do something.

Starting today I am issuing myself a 25 lb weight loss challenge and to motivate me I am going to post my weekly weight loss results on my blog. Weigh in day will be every Friday. So you can check on Fridays to see whether I have gained or lost weight that week. And yes, I will be totally honest. My goal is 25 lbs by the summer time.

I asked Ray if I could join him at the gym on his lunch break. I said, "now be totally honest, would that bug you" Here is his reply, "Ya, one day a week would be awesome, I mean if it was every day that might be a little much" We both busted up laughing. I totally understand the need for guy time.

In the past Ray and I have worked out together consistently and it was fun, but I think I didn't follow guy protocol in the gym. One time Ray looked like he had pulled a muscle in his shoulder and I was like, "Oh did that hurt, let me rub it" he then jerked back like, "whoa, don't baby me right now" It was pretty funny.

10 comments:

Rich said...

hahaha!

Sounds like a great goal! GOOD LUCK and have fun at it!

terica said...

I am right there with you. It was supposed to be 20 by Christmas and I did not make it all the way to 20 so now I want to do 25 by summer. We can cheer eachother on! Good luck and btw you look great in that picture!

Christy said...

Seriously you look GREAT in that picture. Good for you! That is the way to do it. Announce it to the world because that has to keep you motivated. You'll do great because you are tough like that. I can't stick to anything! I can't wait for Friday's now.

sara b said...

Now I am thinking I was a little bit crazy for doing this. But it is good. I needed to put it out there for me to really get the motivation I needed.

Thanks for all of the encouragement!

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

good for you Sara - very movitating! Way to go, you can do it!

BTW, I have 1 child and my stomach bulges out more than yours!

I too got a treadmill off of craigslist so I can get some weight off but since I started exercising all I want to do is bake, especially rolls.

Annee said...

Thanks for the post Sara. Darin and I have been saying we were going to buy a scale ever since we got back from Christmas vacation and try to be serious about loosing a few pounds. I should join you. Maybe I'd stick to it that way....I'm totally proud of you. And as always you photograph like a super model!

Beach Hendersons said...

That's awesome. This has been my goal as well and I too have decided to make it a public thing. I am working on starting another blog (it was supposed to be ready by new year's, but due to internet difficulties that wasn't possible) but what I want to do is make it so any WOMEN that want to join in (friends and family) can. It will be a private blog where each member can post and put pictures of the transformations. I want it to be a place where we can all talk about our frustrations or our messups. Let me know if you're interested.

Brooke said...

i have two rolls i need to get rid of. and tess is two years old! give yourself a break-- you look fabulous!

Andrew & Sarah Clawson said...

Hi Sara!
Sorry to have missed you when we were in SR! Good Luck with losing the weight! I am doing the same myself, and am in a weight training class at my college everyday M-TH for 2 and half hours!!!! Will be doing that for 6 weeks, then I will continue next semester! You have my support!!!

Sarah

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

Sara, I am right there with you. But I have no excuse no baby!!! I started a really intensive diet and hard core workouts. I dance over ten hours a week at school and walk home up this blasted mountain that we live on here in Provo. I am rooting you on! It is hard but so worth it! Stick with it girl!!