Saturday, November 24, 2007

Our Thanksgiving Weekend

We started the holiday with a Thanksgiving craft day

The day ended with four turkeys


Next we baked and baked.

Whenever I have the kids help me bake, they always insist on wearing these silly baking hats that came with Hannah's Easy Bake Oven.

Sorry Ray, I am sure you were unaware of the boys baking attire. But what can I say, they LOVE IT!

After the big feast, which somehow we have no picture of, we had movie night. And every night since then too!

The next day we got out all of our Christmas boxes and opened them while listening to Harry Conick Jr.'s When My Heart Finds Christmas, and 'N Sync's Home for Christmas. Yes you read right, you should check it out. Especially "O Holy Night". You will become an instant fan.

Will made sure he got his picture with the boxes too.

Then off to the store to pick out this year's ornament for each of the kids.

And last but not least, we put up our Christmas tree we lovingly call "Polly"........ as in polymer, as in plastic, as in fake. The kids love Polly. I kept hearing Benny say, "I just love Polly. I just want to give her a kiss." And so he did. About a million times.......

And that was our lovely Thanksgiving weekend.

8 comments:

Royal Family said...

Hi Sara...I finally got to visit your blog. What a fun Thanksgiving holiday you guys had! Isn't life just wonderful? I hope you guys are feeling better! I think we are starting a whole new bug. I really enjoyed seeing your cute family and reading your hilarious remarks. Take care...Debora

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

I LOOOOVED the littlest turkey. She is such a cutie! I cannot believe how much she has changed since last mo that we saw her.

I loved all the little activities you guys did, you are so creative!

Christy said...

What a fun weekend! I love all of the fun things you guys did. I thought we would decorate for Christmas since we were home this year. Nope, didn't happen! Oh well.
By the way, you can think of 7 interesting things about yourself! Your problem will be narrowing it down to only 7!

Brooke said...

i can totally hear benny saying that! so funny!

Rich said...

Sounds terrific guys!

We put up our Christmas tree, etc. as well. I'll put up our blog in the next day or so as well reporting on our T-day fun!

Annee said...

Sara! Decorated for Christmas already?! Now I feel lazy...

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

You better tame those hot lips he's too young to know how to use 'em just yet!! Although he is adorable along with the rest of the gang!! So glad you had a great holiday!!

Random said...

We had a "Polly" tree for the last 7 years that was 3 feet tall. Carine forced it into retirement this year....Don't worry Benny and Hannah, I love Polly too! Don't ever let her go!

On another note, Ray, you should QC some of the pics of your boys....I wonder sometimes... the baker, the kisser, the cowboy; I'm just waiting for the construction worker and the native american.

-randall