Thursday, July 22, 2010

Henderson Family Reunion 2010

 

We just got back from an AMAZING family reunion in North Carolina.  I am going to steal my sister-in-law Karla’s idea and post about the reunion 1 day at a time because there was too much fun to write about in 1 post.

IMG_0453

Here we are at the airport waiting to fly to NC to see cousins that we haven’t seen in 3 1/2 years!

I was stoked that we are finally at the stage where the kids were able to sit in a row ALL BY THEMSELVES on the plane!  Ray and I actually got to sit next to each other!

 

IMG_0460

Well, it was really because this little man needed 2 on 1 defense!

 

IMG_0461

After a full day of flying, we finally made it to Raleigh.

IMG_0500

(Benny meeting his cousin for the first time)

 It always amazes me how everyone just “clicks” right away as if no time had passed at all.

 

IMG_0476IMG_0499

IMG_0505

IMG_0485IMG_0496

IMG_0838

As soon as we got there, all 18 of the cousins formed one big band of kids and I swear I never saw my kids again!  Their routine was, trampoline, run through the house, Wii, get jars for bug catching, repeat. 

John and Carolyn are remodeling their house and so the brothers helped get things in order before the reunion officially kicked off.

IMG_0472

IMG_0478

 Ryan and Randall working hard to make sure we had light.  I am not sure where Ray was……...probably in the bathroom!

IMG_0502 IMG_0477      Carine and Randall cooked up some delicious NC  pulled pork.  

 

 

 

The rest of us hung out chatting, excited for the upcoming week.

   IMG_0474 IMG_0520

 IMG_0498My sweet sister in laws Karla and Carine.  (I am not sure who the muppet is in the back)

IMG_0526

 

Who knew that an old curtain rod would provide hours of entertainment for a mob of kids?

 

 

 

IMG_0513 IMG_0514 IMG_0515 IMG_0516 IMG_0517 IMG_0521 IMG_0523 IMG_0524 

Whew, and that was all before the reunion even started! 

IMG_0501

3 comments:

Beach Hendersons said...

AGH. I love it!!!! Welcome back to the blog world. You're so right. I felt like I didn't even see Lukas very much. Manny on the other hand?

Rich said...

YES!! Can't wait for DisneyWorld 2012!

Maureen said...

That looks like a great time. Especially that curtain rod! You look just like your mom in that picture of you on the couch...just taking a little nap.