Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Pied Piper

Every year Ray brings his guitars, banjo, and mandolins into the kids classes.

(I swear Avril was right behind me when I was taking this picture, but now I can see where she got ink all over her face from)

He teaches them a little bit about each instrument.

Then they all rock out to the kids requests.


The word has gotten out about Ray and his musical talent. The principal of the school has requested that he do an assembly! This kind of makes us laugh because an assembly when I was growing up was a HUGE deal. And whoever was holding the assembly was just plain AWESOME. It makes me smile to think that is how Ray is viewed through these children's eyes.

Especially our kids

7 comments:

Rich said...

haha, that is awesome.

Congrats Ray!!! That really is very cool and good luck on the assembly, I think a room full of kids should be very very fun. Make sure you include a few "involve/embarass a few teachers" in your show. That always makes for lasting memories for the kids!

Julie said...

That is so sweet....It looks like your kids adore Ray....On behalf of our family, we think he is pretty AWESOME too...Can't wait to meet up in Utah...hope all is going well!!

Maureen said...

That is very impressive...you know working elementary assemblies is very lucrative. The people make $300-$500 an assembly. Think about it...Ray can do music, Sara can do sign language along with it. What a team. Add the kids in, and introducing the "NEW OSMOND'S."

Christy said...

Your kids have the cool dad!

I am lauging so hard at Avril on the table. I couldn't find her at first, but that is funny. They move fast at that age.

I swear I will call you back when I don't have loud kids bugging me. I guess that means it will have to be at night!

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

sounds like a lot of people appreciate Ray's skills and he's got some major SKILLS. Good job Ray!!!

Hermana Cheryl y Presidente Evrett Benton said...

We always knew Ray had it in him to "hit it big"!

A celebrity at the elementary school! Well, it doesn't get any better than that in the life of a loving Dad, does it Ray?

We're so proud of you Ray! Keep up the great work with those kids!

Evrett and Cheryl

Holly said...

sara i still remember ray playing and you two singing "scar tissue" by RHCP at bear lake a million years ago. i wish i had 1% of his musical talent!