Thursday, April 10, 2008

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea......

I really had no idea that SpongeBob Squarepants was banned from so many houses.



Am I a terrible mom because this cute little sponge makes his way into our house daily?




Should I be worried that Will exclaims, "MMMMMM Krabby Patties!" whenever we have hamburgers?


ShouldI feel guilty that at least once a week at the dinner table we all try to do our best Spongebob laugh and Patrick impersonation? (Benny does a mean impersonation of the laugh and Ray always wins for the best Patrick)



Is it terrible that I can be found on the couch cracking up at this little sponges funny antics with my kids?


Should I no longer be proud that Benny can impersonate this episode of SpongeBob dancing so well?


Is it so wrong that Will has never said the word pineapple? To him it is "Sponge Bob's house"




Is this absorbent and yellow and porous little guy really that bad?

4 comments:

Annee said...

Surely, I have not invested as much into him as you guys have. So perhaps, you would know better than me, but he is indeed banned from our house. We have so very few things that are actually not allowed, in some ways I'm just proud of myself for sticking to my guns for as long as I have. You certainly make him sound harmless. Like I said, sometimes our rules are there simply to make us feel better about ourselves and life in general (because truthfully, I've never watched a full episode). Besides, didn't you guys live without TV for like 8 years?

Andrew & Sarah Clawson said...

Hi Sara..
I did not allow my kids to watch the show until I watched it for myself. My kids LOVE Spongebob, infact our screensaver for this computer has a picture of Spongebob with our kids from Great America! There are worse things on TV, and its a funny show that we all watch together. Oh well! The ban is lifed!

Christy said...

Why are your posts so funny to me? They make my day. Anyway, I am in the same boat as Annee. I don't know why I didn't allow it. But since I have and they LISTEN to me then we are keeping to it. That is why Eliza was so lucky to watch it in the hospital. Anything goes in the hospital. I did watch it and it isn't bad they are just used to the rule now. It sounds like a family event so that can't be bad!

Brooke said...

when you have one kid, yes, he's bad. but when you have four kids? no rules.