Sunday, March 16, 2008

The List

So the other day, I am listening to a radio show while folding clothes. The hosts are reading two top ten lists. Apparently, 1000 women in Britain were polled on the correlation between a man's name and his "size" (if you know what I mean). The first list contains the names of men who are , how do I put this.... perceived to be on the large side. The second list is names of men who are perceived to be on the small side.

So, I am lazily listening while folding clothes, not really thinking much of these lists either way.


The large list starts getting read.... again, not really paying much attention.


#10 Dan


#9 Richard


#8 Andy


#7 Chris


#6 Robert


#5 Mark


#4 James


#3 Steve


#2 Paul


And the # 1 name on the "BIG" list is....



DAVE

I am slightly amused at this list and just keep folding clothes.


Now the "small" list gets read:


#10 Nick


# 9 Dennis


# 8 Barry


#7 Josh


#6 Jeremy


#5 Keith


# 4 Frank


# 3 Nigel


# 2 Brian


At this point the hosts of the show stop for a moment and question whether they really should say the number one name that women correlate with a "small package". They don't want to offend any of their listeners. My interest is now peaked a little and I am glad that they decide that they have to read it.


The number one name that is correlated with "falling short in that department" is.....

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

RAY

I just busted up laughing.....

16 comments:

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

Oh Sara, don't publically humiliate your cute husband. I wanna see some stats of that survey, really, they cannot make those conclusions.

On a different note, I just forced Randall to open up a facebook account 'cos I got sick of having his former girlfriends adding me as a "friend". So for the last 2 hours we have been adding friends to him. Anyways, long story short it's 2:33 am right now and we just saw Adam Benton's facebook photos and are dying laughing. He has some awesome pics. Could that boy be more popular??!! He has 435 friends listed on facebook!!!!!!!! Anyways, that was so funny...

Lori said...

Sara and Ray! I just happened to find your blog as I was going from blog to blog to blog to blog (hmm, how many hours do I waste doing this?). You have the most beautiful family! Our kids seem to be the same ages - 7, 5, 3, 11 months? Ours are girl, boy, boy, girl, too. 4 is crazy, eh?

Glad to see you guys are doing well - I just felt compelled to comment cause my husband's name is Dave (insert a big "nyeah" and a buck-toothed squished up face)

Hope to see you next time you're in NC!
Lori Howington Collier

Rich said...

still, you gotta admit that is really funny.

I love you as a brother Raymond.

Ray said...

I love this post - I guess I can thank Mom and Dad for this weenie name.....

(no pun intended....)

And Deav - before you say anything make sure you note the number 2 on the little list......

Ray said...

Also, I will be going by Raymond from now on....

aimee said...

Yeah, I had a feeling as to what the number one name was going to be but was a little taken back by #2, Brian. Very, very interesting and too funny!

Ray said...

The worst thing is I sit next to a guy named Dave at work - I told him about the survey and the results, and he has been calling me "little buddy" ever since..

I call him Big D....

terica said...

Sara you are hilarious...love this blog! And I love the picture of "Raymond" at the end. SO funny. You are so funny!

Brooke said...

oh, raymond, at least you have a big heart.

Maureen said...

My husband and I were reading the blog, and we totally agree with the scientific study.

Maureen & Dave Duncan

Michelle said...

Sara this is such a funny post. But the funniest part are Ray's (or Raymond's) comments!! LOL!

bdeaver said...

Once again, I beat out Ray in something else.

Sandy said...

Wow. My blog is really boring!

Unknown said...

That was hysterical! Considering all of the crazy things I've been saying lately, it was really nice to find something for everyone else to laugh at!

Unknown said...

You have no idea who I am... (well, we met once) but I can't stop from commenting this time (I've been lurking). You crack me up. Seriously.. thanks for the laugh.. Oh, and MY husband's name is Abinadi... I think he's glad... his name will never make it on these "scientific studies" :) LOL

Random said...

You'll notice the other Henderson boys not saying much.....It's because we're all carbon copies of each other....but wait! "Robert" and "Richard" are on the big list! Ray, that may be your salvation!