Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Drill Accident

Ray was working late Saturday night on the house installing our shower door. All of the sudden I heard him kind of moaning, "ow ooh ooh ooh aw!" I walked in and saw blood all over the floor leading to where Ray was washing his hand. Basically what happened was while Ray was drilling a hole through the door, the drill bit broke causing the drill to jump and drill right through Ray's middle finger. He said it was pretty crazy seeing the drill through the other side. He had to actually reverse the drill to get it out of his finger! But he is fine. Luckily, the drill missed the bone and any nerves or soft tissue.

The thing I love about Ray is how easily he sees the good in things. As he was walking out the door to the emergency room he said, " I am so blessed. This could have been so much worse".

Then, when he got home from the hospital at 1:00 a.m. he actually finished the shower door!

I just love that guy!

11 comments:

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

Sara, I cannot imagine what you were thinking at the moment when you traced the blood to Ray! I would have passed out! Did your stomack turn??

Poor Ray, I am sorry!

I love the photo though...Something between Enron Executive meets Terminator 2 Judgement Day. Great humor in the midst of tragedy!

Ray said...

Only Sara could take such a loser-ish deal and make it sound cool (or maybe just not so lame)... she is awesome....

I'm glad she didn't include the part where I screamed like a little girl and then fainted.... no, wait... I cried and then I fainted...

Rich said...

holy cow Ray! I'm glad you are okay.

that home improvement stuff can be pretty dangerous at times. Backing the drill out of your finger must have been pretty crazy!!!

hope to catch up with you guys soon.

Rich

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I think because of accidents like this MIke lets me do all the home improvements.

Brooke said...

i've said it before and i'll say it again: ray is awesome.

what about your run in with ms? isn't that blog worthy?

Brooke said...

you can delete that comment if we aren't talking about the "weird ms scare" in public forum.

you can delete this comment too.

Brooke said...

ps- i like how in the picture he's like, "what up, drill?"

pps- can he go swimming on the cruise? or will he have to wear a baggie on his hand?

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

What the heck!! What a trooper! Russ and I were so bumed we couldn't come visit you guys this week with Randall and fam. We tried everything we could!! Stupid work! We will get out there!! Hope the finger is alright.

Annee said...

Oh my gosh! I can't even imagine. And he's smiling and going to church the next day! What a guy.

p.s. I tag you Sara. Go see the rules on my blog.

ALC Wedding Photography said...

sara i think the best part of your narration was this line...."he was fine" lol it made me laugh.

ray- way to be trooper!

Christy said...

What a stud. Too bad it's the middle finger though. How does he flip off bad drivers? Yeah right, like Ray would ever do that.

Off of the subject. I was driving today and that song came on "Stuck on you..." I think Kenny Rogers sings it. Anyway, I started laughing thinking of you. Remember there was a dish soap commercial with that song? Why did we think that was so funny? I can't remember why it's funny, but I remember it was funny to us and I can't stop laughing about it.