Sunday, June 24, 2007

More comments from the peanut gallery



This is a picture of me as of about 2 minutes ago. I know that I am huge, I am actually very, very aware of it. Every inch of me is just plain HUGE, but do you really have to tell me???? Aside from the usual comments of "Are you sure you are only carrying one in there?" and "You look like you are about to pop any second". I have my top three favorites. And I really am not making these up!



Here they are:



3. "We were just comparing you to so and so who is due a month before you and we decided that you are MUCH bigger than her."



2. "You look like you are really putting it on."



And the number one comment said by someone from across a room full of people is....................


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


.


1. "HEY FATSO!"



I am so glad that people think before they speak or they might say some really stupid things.



9 comments:

Brooke said...

NO!!!!!

i don't believe you!

and don't feel bad, i always get the twins comment. you're having a GIRL and you're ALMOST DONE-- that's all that matters!!!

Rich said...

haha...

Last week at church some friends and I were joking with Erika - and he was of course making light of all of the comments of how huge Erika was. We decided on a great business idea.... selling ad space on pregnant women??

:)

People keep thinking Erika's due date is well past and shocked stares and gasps are audible. People are funny.

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

WWeeelll, i wasn't gonna say anything, but......ummmm, nevermind. Hopefully after we move out west we will get to come down and see the new girl after she is born

Beach Hendersons said...

No Way!!!
I think you look adorable. The fact that you're carying a little life in there is the most amazing thing ever.

Rich...that business idea....it's been done...it's actually very profitable. I saw it on a show once...all these pregnant women advertising on their bellies....some w/shirts on and some w/a bathing suit top...bare belly...can you imagine.

Christy said...

SARA! I'm a little sensitive to this because I am going through the same thing. People are crazy. Both of my sisters have told me that I am bigger than people they know who are due before me. At least it was only my sisters around. I have less than seven weeks and I'm already thinking of diets to go on. You are so close. Hang in there and tell everyone else to stick it.

sara b said...

It is so crazy how people somehow feel that when you are pregnant it is totally fine to comment on your bodies shape, size, etc.

And Russ, you are moving out West??? How far west?

Nico, Zara and little David said...

Sara, thanks for checking my blog. I can not imagine how you do it: kids and remodelling. I love your blog.
You look beautiful! Don't listen to anyone. you are one lucky woman to have such a great family and another baby on the way.

http://www.hendersonyan.blogspot.com/ said...

Hey Sara, that's crazy! I think to the person yelling the #1 comment at you, you should have turned around and said "What's up IDIOT-SO?!" I am so mean.......sorry.....but that's just crazy!

Aside from all that, I think you look great and the black color always looks good on you.

sara b said...

You're too nice Zara. I love checking out your blog too!

And you're not mean Carine, I had similar thoughts running through my head, but then was excited for new blog material :)