Monday, September 24, 2012

I know him too well :)

The other night we were invited to a friends house for dinner.  It was a dinner of MY dreams.  There was fresh tomatoes from the garden, with olive oil drizzled over them.  Then  fat slices of mozzarella lay  in between.  Butternut squash soup made of fresh squash from the local farmers market. The main ingredient:  Heavy Cream  I was in heaven………Ray not so much. 

raysara

It was a beautifully set table outside for us to dine at.  While I was washing my hands in the kitchen, I saw the host serve Ray a large cup of the squash soup.  We made eye contact through the window.  We both smiled a knowing smile that he doesn’t like the soup.  When I came back out to sit down, the host got up to get more delicious food from inside.  I quickly reached over to Ray’s cup of soup and poured it in mine.  He then put a spoon in the empty cup.  He winked at me, then the host reappeared. 

We help each other out like that.  It wasn’t easy, but I ate every bit of that creamy, delicious soup for Ray.

5 comments:

Ray H. said...

Hilarious - so lucky you were there to help me - I would have tried to eat it but I have a pretty noticeable gag reflex :)

Rich said...

Haha! Erika and the kids all know my "face" that I make when things don't taste quite right to me. Another twin feature!

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

Sara, you are an excellent wife! That sounds delicious to me ;)

Beach Hendersons said...

Love it. I think we've all done this once or twice. I pretend I'm really hungry and "MAKE" him share his food.

Random said...

That is a great story. I think I am the only one of the Henderson boys that actually loves delicious food. Not sure what's wrong with most of you. :)