Monday, May 25, 2009

My Birthday Stationary

Ray and I were married just before my birthday. So you can imagine my excitement of getting my first birthday gift from my new husband. When Ray asked me what I wanted for my Birthday I simply told him, "some new stationary would be great."

I couldn't wait to see what kind of stationary Ray would pick for me. I was so excited to get stationary with my newly married name on it!

I wondered if he would pick something more fun,



Or a little more sophisticated.


Or just something really pretty.
.
.Well, this is the stationary I got from Ray:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.





That's right. A pad of paper with kittens on it!
I found it amongst our desk things the other day. When I showed it to Ray he said, "I can't believe you still have that?" To which I replied, "I can't believe I still have it either, because you know I was dying to write all of my friends to show off my new stationary!" We both busted up laughing.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Too funny!

Ray said...

In my defense, I didn't grow up with any sisters...... the saddest thing is that I STILL wouldn't have known what to get Sara if she asked for stationary..... it wasn't until I read this post that I thought, "Oh.... that's what she means by stationary..."

But hey - at least Hannah can use it....

Ray said...

And hey - what about me remembering that I actually bought that? That's got to count for something, right?

Christy said...

I want a handwritten note from you on that stationary! Classic!! It is the thought that counts, Ray. Good job.

I'm so glad you are back in action. Those pictures of you guys are so funny! I'm laughing out loud by myself.

Maureen said...

That is too funny. You should have written all your thank-you letters for your wedding gifts on that!

Brooke said...

i've missed your blogging "jokes." i love scrolling down for the punchline. and i have to say, that one made me laugh REALLY loud.

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

i am with Ray, nothing wrong with the kittens. So cute and creative!

Annee said...

I love when you make a blogging come back! I always miss you when you are gone.

Karissa said...

This is the funniest thing I have read in probably..oh I don't know how long.. my eyes were all welled up from laughing so hard! You must have checked all the drug stores in the area to find the cutest "stationary" you could huh Ray? -love it!